866 total views, 1 views today
Yoga is effective for Stress Management, there is no doubt about it. Here is how to use YOGA FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT
How YOGA Can Help You Manage Stress?
What is yoga exactly? Does it refers to sitting crisscross and waiting for a miracle to happen making your mental and spiritual health well? Or is it really beneficial when practiced properly?
Well pals let’s see what yoga is.
Literally yoga means “UNION”. Union means it brings to you the ultimate reality. It refers to move towards an experimental reality where one knows the ultimate nature of the existence, the way its made.
Types Of Yoga:
Benefits Of Yoga For Office Workers:
Sitting whole day on a desk and doing nothing else but office work feels way too stressful for Social Animal aka HUMAN. Yoga is very beneficial for you to get rid of that stress.
-It helps detoxification and improves concentration.
-It helps relieving back, neck and head strain.
-YOGA targets two main body aspects of our:
It promotes relaxation focusing both of above given aspects thus relieving symptoms of Stress and Stress related disorders.
-It helps maintaining your Blood Pressure (Mother & Father Of Almost All Diseases) and your Heart rate.
-Stress and tension can cause you to breathe in a rapid, shallow way, which can lead to more anxiety. Yoga gives you the opportunity to breathe more effectively, using diaphragm and thus utilizing the whole lung capacity.
-You can actually, release emotional tension via certain YOGA postures. What’s stress, if not negative emotions and undesirable happenings. Postures that release the hip and shoulders(where commonly such tension is stored) are particularly effective.
- Muscles shorten and tighten over time, mainly because of inactivity,” he said. “The stretching and exercise that comes with yoga actually increases a person’s flexibility and that, in turn, allows relaxation which can lower stress.
- Studies show that yoga can help ease stress and lower your levels of stress hormone cortisol.
- Some studies show that YOGA may reduce inflammatory markers in the body and help pro-inflammatory disease prevention.
- Alone or in combination with a healthy lifestyle, YOGA may help decrease risk factors for heart disease.
- Yoga may help enhance sleep quality because of its effects on melatonin and its impact on several common problems that precipitate abnormal sleep patterns leading to insomnia.
Concluding, multiple studies have confirmed hundreds of benefits of yoga & meditation. Include it in your daily routine and see a positive difference for yourself.
Written by: Abiha Ahmad (The Writer is a Medical Student and Blogger)