78 total views, 1 views today
Staying Active on a desk job is it even possible? Here are our take on this topic. DO share these amazing tips for staying active on a desk job to every one out there who is doing a desk job.
Desk jobs as we talked earlier make you prone to many life threatening diseases which
you can easily prevent by opting simple techniques for staying active. Given are some simple pro tips:
- Stay hydrated, opt for stairs instead of elevators and after every hour take a break from your
working posture. Stand for a while and do some little exercise involving your legs and feet.
- Keep healthier snacks at your working place. Bring a piece of fruit with you, a pack of protein
shake, almonds or sweetened yogurt.
- Limit your caffeine intake. Caffeine drinks make you feel dehydrated and to cope with it your
cravings for non healthy snacks elevate.
- Use your lunch break wisely. Don’t do work in it and end up eating your meal hurriedly. Forbes
lists that “people who eat faster also tend to weigh more and gain more weight over time.” That being
said, slowing down and enjoying your meal lends itself to better metabolic health and more healthful
body composition. If you still save time then go for a walk.
- Give your daily schedule a good look and try to find 30 minutes to work out five days a week,
says Scritchfield. Cut out anything that’s less important than your health, like scrolling social media or
- Studies have shown you lose weight based on the ratio: 80% is diet, 10% activity/workouts and
10% genetics. With that said, we need to focus on simple healthy meals and easy snacks.
- If you’re getting less than 7 hours of sleep per night, it’s actually better to sleep than to work out
for your metabolism!
So while everyone is “work out happy”, know your priorities. Diet, Sleep, then
- Stick to your goals both professionally and physically. If your goal is to lose weight at your desk
job, it’s going to take a little tracking too. You have to track your calories. A good rule of thumb is
to take your goal weight and multiply it by 12. This should be about what you should eating per
Concluding I would say Don’t forget to be Not too Hard on Yourself. Yes, you should
be more active and get rid of that extra fat but don’t push on it too much. By giving above tips a
chance you are going to be in a perfect shape! So Staying Active on a desk job is possible and achievable.
By: Syeda Abiha Ahmad ( A Medical Student and a blogger)