After the previous article on same topic, here are 8 tips before starting a food business. This is a series of blogs aims to guide bankers community in order to start their side business now and earn handsome amount.
First of all, before starting a business here are some tips to think on and some work that needs to be done before jumping right away:
You often say ” Yar Thats guys burgers are so good” “that guy make amazing chips” and “lets go to XYZ, they serve amazing Karahi / Naan Chanay / Pizza or something ABC”.
- Tip # 1: Select your business type and be specialist in that. Even If you love to serve chips to the people, do that and be specialist in that area. You can introduce new flavors, new coatings and new sauces.
I know a person in my city, he used to sell chips on a cart and his chips ended in few hours. He was doing a job in an office, and he came to market at 6-7 PM and he sell out all his stuff in hardly in an hour. Now he is owner of double shutter shop in main market of my city.
- Tip # 2: Hygiene and cleanliness is the key. It can make or break your business. People these days are very conscious about hygiene and cleanliness. Maintain a good hygienic environment at a cost of few extra rupees. You will be amazed to see how people are willing to pay for that if your food is clean.
- Tip # 3 : Target Middle Class, Pakistan has a vibrant and growing middle class. They need clean hygienic food and they want innovation in food, that is why they dine out. Make their Experience nice and memorable and look how they be your advertisers.
- Tips # 4: Presentation and Packaging means a lot. You know in western countries People sell fruits on carts just like Pakistan and India, but they sell it in a good sealed packaging. This is your time to do the same in Pakistan and India.
- Tip # 5 : Survey your area a little, and observe the trend. Be unique and innovative with food. If everyone is selling Burgers or Biryani, you can open a food point of Pasta, Chocolate Brownie or a Coffee Point.
- Tips # 6 : Invest your money where there is little or no competition in order to stand out. Just keep in mind that people know that food and they can buy that. Opening a Burger Point in a small town or city can be a good idea rather than opening a pasta point or a chocolate cafe.
- Tip # 7 : Just take a start. You know about story of KFC, its your inspiration to start your business now. Just Do it.
- Tip # 8 : If you don’t have place, start it from your home kitchen. Run a targeted campaign on Facebook and reach out to your buyers.
I know a friend of friend, who started making pizza in his kitchen. Now he has three outlets in three different cities. All he done is innovate a little and he sell pizza on a stuffed bread i.e Garlic stuffed bread, spinach and cheese stuffed bread etc.
Here are 8 most important tips you must know before starting a food business. In next article I will present 5 food business ideas that Bankers can start right now.
Good Luck 🙂
By: Syed Umaer Anwer